The holiday season is well under way and while you might have wrapped up all of your shopping for the humans in your life, don’t forget about your furry friend(s)! Sure, any time is the right time to try out new treats or new pet toys and gadgets, but the holiday season is a great time for some “out with the old and in with the new.”
Here are the most practical, fun and festive gifts for your pet this season, whether they’re on the naughty or nice list.
#1 New Collars and Tags
If you have a puppy or kitten you’ll be in the market for new collars as they continue to grow. However, even fully grown pets might need a new collar every now and again. There are some exceptional brands out there that can last a lifetime, but if that’s not what you’re purchasing then you’ll want to change out collars every so often.
You should definitely consider getting your pooch or feline friend a new collar if:
- The current one is stretched out. If it’s not snug on their neck, you’re in danger of them slipping it off or getting caught on something.
- The current one is frayed or torn.
- You love dressing up your pet or changing out collars for festive purposes!
Personalized dog tags also make for a great gift. Not only are they adorable, but they are life savers! You always want to make sure your pet can be properly identified and that you can be contacted in the event that your pet is missing.
#2 New Toys
Depending on your pet, toys don’t usually have a long lifespan. The stuffing gets torn out, the squeaker detached, ropes ripped to shreds and bones with filling begin to smell. With the new year approaching, it’s time to take stock of your pet’s toy box. What should you replace these old toys with?
- The Chuck It: For dogs who love their canine exercise.
- Antler Chews: Festive and great for your pup’s chompers.
- Coal Ball: Doggie durable and bouncy, it’s for the dog who promises to be better next year.
- Cat Coal: A set of four balls for that naughty kitty that you love oh so much.
- Good Karma Rope: These rope toys contain non-toxic dyes and act as dental floss when they fray.
#3 Delicious Treats
While our cookies, cakes, and holiday dinners all smell and taste delicious, they are best left to us humans. So, what should you feed to your furry friend over the holidays? From delicious biscuits to a full-blown cake, we’ve got the ultimate blog on holiday treats for dogs! It’s jam packed with recipes that will have your pet feeling full and jolly.
Whatever you decide to get your pet this season, we’re sure they’ll love it…and quickly destroy it, like all gifts we give them. Not to worry though, the gift that keeps on giving is the love and compassion you show them each and everyday!
If you happen to need pet sitting services over the holidays, we are available. Be sure to book with us ASAP during this busy time of year! Get in touch with us at (215) 508-1903, and have a very happy holiday!