Thanksgiving is a time to gather and celebrate the joys of family and friendship. But on this special day, it’s important to keep the safety of your pets in mind. As Turkey Day approaches, the staff here at Top Tails Dog Walking & Pet Sitting would like to share a few pet care tips for Thanksgiving and the rest of the holidays:
- Avoid overfeeding. Though it may be tempting to give your pet generous amounts of food on the holidays, make sure you don’t go overboard. In addition, make your relatives aren’t sneaking your dog any table scraps.
- Monitor the water bowls. When you have guests in your house, there’s a chance your dog or cat’s water bowls may get bumped into. It’s important to check them frequently to make sure your pet stays hydrated.
- Keep the garbage out of reach. If your dog or cat gets in the garbage from the Thanksgiving feast, it will likely eat things that are very unhealthy for it (and make a huge mess). To prevent a trash disaster, keep your garbage secured and out of reach so your pets can’t access it.
- Make sure your pets have a quiet area to relax away from the holiday noise. Sometimes, our furry friends need some time to themselves, especially when there are lots of people in the house. Whether it be a pet bed or a sofa, make sure your pets have somewhere to go if they become overwhelmed by the Thanksgiving festivities.
- Maintain your pet’s diet and exercise schedule. Make sure to set aside time during the holiday rush to feed and walk your pet as you normally would.
- Remember which foods are unsafe for pets. The following foods can cause digestive issues, kidney failure, vomiting, diarrhea, and other dangerous health conditions in dogs and cats:
- Grapes and raisins
- Fatty foods
By following these tips in your home this Thanksgiving, you’ll ensure your pets have a great holiday, too.
Need a Thanksgiving Pet Sitter? Hire Top Tails!
If you’re going out of town for Thanksgiving, you can trust Top Tails to take great care of your furry friends. When you hire us for Manayunk vacation pet sitting, you can rest assured that your pets will receive the love and attention they need.
Interested in reading about our services and rates for vacation pet sitting in Manayunk? Give us a call today at 215-508-1903 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. While you’re at it, check out our blog for 4 ways to take care of your pet’s teeth and 5 tips for protecting your pets during home improvements. From all of us here at Top Tails, have a wonderful Thanksgiving!