As summer winds down and the weather begins to get cooler, there are a few things that you should do to help your pets get ready for autumn:
- Increase the amount of food you give your cat or dog. It takes more energy for animals to stay warm in cold weather. Therefore, your pet will probably be hungrier in fall and winter. If this seems to be the case with your pet, ask your vet if it’s okay to give it a little more to eat.
- Keep your pet warm. If it likes to lie on wood or tile floors, put down a blanket to make the space warmer. For dogs, consider purchasing a dog coat to be worn on walks when it’s chilly outside. You can also get doggie boats or shoes to protect your dog’s paws in the cold.
- Make sure that your pet is protected against fleas and ticks. While they tend to be more of a threat in the summer, fleas and ticks may still be around in the fall. Consider using a tick and flea protection serum on your dog or cat all year round to keep it happy and healthy.
- Keep an eye on the water bowl. Even in cooler weather, pets still need to drink a lot to stay hydrated. Keep the indoor water bowls full, and make sure that the water in outdoor bowls isn’t frozen.
- Brush your pet. In order to prepare for winter, your dog or cat may shed its summer coat. Therefore, it’s important to brush it daily or weekly as needed to help this process along.
Here at Top Tails Dog Walking & Pet Sitting, we take care of cats and dogs during every season. Whether you’re going on vacation or you need someone to watch your pet while you run errands, we’re the Manayunk pet sitter to call.
Get in Touch with Top Tails Today!
Are you interested in making use of our high-quality Manayunk pet sitting services? Give us a call today at (215) 508-1903 or visit us on the web. We look forward to serving you and your pets in the near future!